Figwort Weevil-Cionus scrophulariae

The Figwort Weevil (Cionus scrophulariaehas) is a member of family Curculionidae. They are about 4-5mm long (male smaller then female) and having hairy brownish body with black spots and a gray colored head and thorax. There are two large velvety black spots on the wing-cases, where the cases meet. They feed on the plants in Figwort family. I found this mating pair on mullein plant.

Figwort Weevil (Cionus scrophulariae) Mating
Figwort Weevil
Figwort Weevil
Figwort Weevil

9 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I always think these are so cute with their long snouts. :)

Birdy Official said...

Thanks Joan! But I always afraid of their long snouts.

Monique et Daniel said...

Superbe photo d'un insecete que je n'ai jamais vu!

Birdy Official said...

Merci Monique et Daniel de prendre le temps de commenter sur mon blog. Il apprécie beaucoup.

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots of the mating pair!

Zane said...

Seems as though the bugs are starting to bloom around the world. I have seen a few more than normal of late.

Great series - often ignored the poor weevils!

Birdy Official said...

Thanks Kanak for appreciation.

Thanks Zane! That true,we also have a lot of bugs here in Pakistan. I also ignored many insects in the past, but now I try to capture each and every bug that come in my way.

Claudia said...

Beautiful photo of a insecte I've never seen!

Your blog I put in my list (Birdy Blog - Nature Pictures).

I wish you all the best from Romania.

Birdy Official said...

Thanks Claudia for the comment and adding my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...